Wednesday, September 06, 2006

sand in my shoes

so I'm here in beautiful south africa, Muizenberg to be exact. There was a little bit of drama when i first got in, but it all got sorted away with ease. Instead of being in a kibbutz in the middle of no where im working at an orphanage and staying in a hostel with 7 other volunteers right on the ocean. i mean i look right out my window and there it is. I spent my first day here walking the sands and spotting whales. yesterday was the first day of work and i had a blast. I'm working with kids between 18 months and 3 years; they are adorable. Its so hard to leave them when we say good-bye. I can't believe my life down here its is so beautiful, and the people are great. My roommates are lucy, amy (both from england), and sinead (from ireland). All of us volunteers went to the big blue (the bar down the street) the first night and played a great game of coinage, its like quarters but better. It was great and a total bonding experience. If you want to know more send me an email and ill tell you about the mysterious rand. Well my time on the computer is running out, but ill be back with another fantastic post in no time.
say word

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home