Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Go Large Or Go Home

I know it's been a long time since i kept everyone in the loop but life in south africa is busy, but incredibly relaxing. Everyday i wake up and fall in love with this place a little more. I never get sick of seeing the ocean the first thing in the morning or walking back from the orphanage with tabel mountain in the background. I love the orphanage my kids (ages 18 months-3 years) are wonderful, smart, and so funny. The occastionally pull my hair or drink water from the toilet but in general they are fabulous. I have gotten used to snot running over all of my clothes and becoming a human jungle gym. Last week we went to Robben Island, and it was such a moving experience. I was lucky enough to be on the same tour with former inmate and University of Cape Town professor, Sedick Isaacs who spent over 2 years in solitary confinement over his tenure in robben island. What a moving journey.
This weekend we (all the volunteers) went to Elands bay where we bonded and had a wonderfully relaxing and super fun weekend. The other volunteers here are so much fun and we really get along well. Two more showed up yesterday and we are taking them out to the big blue tonight to initiate them into muizenberg. say word

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home