These Are The Days
This morning was my last time in the orphanage and i think i had the hardest good-bye ever. friday was my last full day and it was an absolute blast. the children were wonderful and we spent the entire day outside. I had so much fun blowing bubbles and running around with them. For some reason everything seemed absolutely perfect that day. I spent the weekend in capetown and had fun, but i couldnt wait to see the kids. Today was really hard. I was sitting with two of the older kids, sarah (4) and romeo (5), and i told them that i had to go soon. they asked me if i was going home and if i was going to cry...i nearly broke down right their. This has by far been the hardest good-bye i have ever had to deal with. I went around a kissed every kid telling them i loved them so much and will always remember them. Then I had to say good-bye to jamie. I have been attached to this girl from the moment i met her. She's two years old, incredibly smart and one of the funniest girls i've met. She rarely cries and is completely independent. She loves to dig in the dirt and run around like a maniac. she's not clingy but she always the first one to give me a hug in the morning and gives me the biggest hug before i leave every day. I went to give her a hug and she went completely silent. After a rough goodbue i looked over and she was starting to cry. how can a two year old know so much? how can such a deep bond be built over two months? everyone else here i know i can keep in touch with, but its so hard knowing that i will never see any of these kids again. But they will always be with me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home