Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Costumes, Curry, Dancing...HALLOWEEN!

Well last weekend was Halloween, and boy did we celebrate. After a very hot week of teaching I headed out to Rundu on Friday to meet up with Sarah and Mita to start cooking for our Curry Cook-fest Halloween. The idea started back in July when Mita and I realized that Kavango Volunteers love curry, and I love competion. Originally we were going to have a curry cook off in which volunteers paired off and made their own curry and we would judge who made the best curry. My team would have totally won, because Mita makes a mean chana massala (and I have the recipe!!). But like most things in Namibia, plans change, and we adapted. Instead of a cook-off it became a curry cook-fest in which the cooking crew cooked more curry than you could ever dream of, and man was it delish! A small number of volunteers gathered at a PCV’s house and we ate drank, and had an all around fantastic time. In honor of curry cook off Mita and I went as the “spice girls” and I was Aromat, which is basically MSG in packet. Get it? SPICE girls. Man we are punny!!! All in all the weekend was grand, and one of my last in Rundu…weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home